This article serves as the user guide for the Stockwell 2.0 device. It covers how to move the device into the desired location, how to set it up, and common questions about the device.
Moving a Stockwell 2.0
As mentioned on the Stockwell 2.0 Spec Sheet, this device requires two power outlets: one for the technology and dry compartment, and one for the refrigerator compartment. Please choose a location for your device that can support these needs.
No matter how the device is moved, extreme caution should be used. A Stockwell unit weighs 400lbs (181kg), so please take care when moving your device.
Moving with a Manual Floor Jack (Recommended)
A manual floor jack with 48” legs in combination with two 4x4 on the forks will provide the lift needed to move the SW 2.0. As shown in the image below, the two (2) 4”X4” posts should be under the middle of the cabinet for stability.
Moving with DolliesEquipment
- Two Furniture Dollies to move the unit
Forearm Straps to aid in lifting and to reduce strain on the legs of the device (recommended)
- To begin, have one to two people on each side of the SW 2.0 unit. Starting with one side of the unit, carefully lift the unit from the base as shown, and slide one dolly underneath the leg. Ensure that the leg is securely placed on the dolly. Forearm straps may be used to facilitate this process
While this occurs, the person on the other side of the unit should be held as upright as possible, to prevent the unit from tipping onto its side.
- Keeping the first leg in place, carefully lift the other side of the unit in the same manner, and place the second dolly beneath it. Ensure that the center leg is also braced on one of the dollies if possible, to ensure greater stability.
Both dollys should be fully supporting the unit as shown, enabling the unit to roll freely.
- Carefully move SW 2.0 into its intended location.
- Once the unit has been brought to the appropriate location, once again have one to two people on each side of the SW 2.0 unit. Lift one side of the unit up from the base as before, allowing the dolly to be removed. Carefully lower the leg of the SW 2.0 onto the ground. Limit rocking the unit during this process, as this will cause strain on the legs and may result in damage. Forearm straps may be used here to reduce rocking.
- Repeat step 6. for the other leg to remove the second dolly
Setting Up the Stockwell 2.0
As is noted in the Stockwell 2.0 Spec Sheet, the technology (PC, Pico, Optconnect, cameras) and dry compartment require 0.5 Amp at 115VAC. The refrigerator compartment power cord pulls 1.6 Amp at 115VAC.
- Plug in the store
- Allow the store 4-6 minutes to boot up. While this occurs, a yellow error message will be visible, informing you that cooler functions are disabled during the start-up process.
- After Startup completes, you will see a red error message saying "Cooler Safety checks have failed, please contact Operator" This is normal at this stage, and is part of the setup process.
Locate the controller below the Pico device at the bottom of the Store. Hold the down arrow button on this controller for five (5) seconds to clear the error. You will see “---” on the screen when the error has successfully been cleared.
Location Deployment Request
A Location Deployment Request should be submitted at least 3-4 days before a location goes live. The request is needed in order for the 365 team to set up your device in ADM, create a schema for the store, and add any necessary users to use the Restockwell app, SW Schema Tool, and ADM.
These requests require the following information:
- ADM ORG
- Store Number
- Location Name
- Contact Name
- Contact Email
- Contact Number
- Go-Live Date
- User Access Requests - Techs, Drivers, and Ops need access to:
- the Stockwell Operations Site
- The ADM Org
- The Restockwell APP loaded on the handheld.
You can create this request by visiting Stockwell 2.0 Location Deployment Request.
Stockwell Web APP
The Stockwell Web APP access is needed to set up and maintain your Stockwell 2.0’s Schema (Planogram).
SW Web APP access can be requested at Stockwell Operator Requests - Jira Service Management (atlassian.net) or during your Location Deployment Request.
Adding Products to Stockwell 2.0 Schema
Once products are added to ADM and extended to your Location, the next step is to add the products to your markets schema.
Please see the article Stockwell 2.0 - Stockwell 2.0 Schema for more information.
Can the pre-auth be set to $0?
No: the minimum amount that a pre-auth can be set to is $1. This will protect you as the Operator from fraudulent cards being used at the Stockwell.
What settings can an Operator customize?
Operators can set the Pre-auth Amount on the device summary page under the info section. The default will be $10. However, an Operator can set the amount to anything $1 or greater.
Can the credit card be charged for more than the pre-auth amount?
In both the US and Canada, the total cart amount can be charged above the pre-auth amount.
Internationally, the maximum the card will be charged is the pre-auth amount.
When will the pre-auth show on my statement?
The pre-auth typically shows immediately on your bank statement following your shopping session.
When will my final charge appear on my statement?
The final charge is sent immediately upon settlement of the shopping cart to your bank. However, it may not show immediately, as this is dependent on your bank.
When will the pre-auth come off my statement?
Similar to the above, the pre-auth may take some time to come off your statement, as the banking institution is responsible for the removal once we send the final amount.
What merchant will show on my statement?
When will I receive my receipt from Stockwell?
Within 5-10 minutes after your transaction is complete
What if a consumer spends more than they have on their card?
US and Canada: Depending on the card issuer, card type, and other variables, the outcome may differ. In most cases, the full amount of the transaction will be charged. However, if you used a gift card used, no amount will be charged.
International: The amount above the pre-auth is not adjustable. Therefore, the pre-auth amount will be charged, after it has been verified that the consumer has that amount in their account. The Operator will then have a loss on the remaining funds owed.
What will show on my statement if I make multiple transactions?
If you visit the store multiple times and perform several transactions, you will see multiple pre-auth charges, as well as separate, final amount charges.
What Credit Card Processor does the Stockwell device use?
What happens if a consumer pre-auths, but does not take any products?
The pre-auth will show on the bank statement until removed by the bank. No additional charges will appear on their credit card statement.
What will happen if the Stockwell is offline?
Transactions are not available if the Stockwell is in offline mode. If a user attempts to present a payment form to begin shopping, the cabinet will not unlock.