- Laser level with tripod
- 5/64 Hex head bit
- #1 Phillips bit
- Small flat-head screwdriver (To attach 24v cable to 24v)
- 90* Power ratchet 3/8 drive (for leveling the market)
- 19mm socket 3/8 drive (This cannot be a deep well socket. This will be used in leveling mkt.)
- 12mm socket 3/8 drive
- 1/2” socket 3/8 drive
- 3” 3/8 drive extension
- Magnetic bit holder “stubby” 57mm or 2 3/4” (This can be replaced with a “stubby” Philips screwdriver with a fine tip.)
- Precision Pick
- 9/64 drill bit (pilot hole for set screw)
Installing Your Smart N Go Modules
The following steps assume you have completed the uncrating process (Smart N Go - Unboxing Guide) in the previous document and that the modules have been moved to the install location. Please review in advance of installation.
Section 1: Preparing the modules
1. Line up modules in the order in which they are labeled.
2. Start by removing the ‘Module to Module Mounting Bracket’ mounting bolts from the side of the module and use them to attach the ‘Module to Module Mounting Brackets’.
3. On kiosk module mount both’ Module to Module Brackets’ with the tab down. All subsequent modules, tab up on the right, tab down on the left. All brackets should be facing forward.
Kiosk Module All other modules.
4. Open door and remove the 2 screws that secure the Toe Kick Plate. Lift up and pull forward to remove. Reinsert screw into mounts so as not to lose them.
5. Locate the levelers, one on each corner.
6. Remove the metal zip tie from each leveler.
Caution: Use gloves for this process as the metal ties can be a cutting hazard.
If you are unable to access the rear of the modules, you will need to remove the cartridge to access the rear levelers from the front.
7. Remove the two bolts that secure the cartridge and pull to extract.
Caution: The refrigerant cartridge weighs 75 pounds. The fan cartridge weighs 35 pounds.
8. Attach the ‘Upper Facia Mounting Bracket’, taking care to make sure the brackets tabs are on the outside of the modules mounting. Mounting them incorrectly may cause the bracket to bow, making the installation of the fascia more difficult.
9. Mount to the bracket with the Fascia Bracket bolts facing to the outside. Placing them facing inward could hinder access to the lock control mechanism in the future.
Section 2: Leveling the modules
10. Using a power ratchet with a 19mm socket adjust each leveler on all modules up at least 1 inch.
11. Place masking or painter’s tape along a top seam to increase the laser visibility.
12. Adjust all the modules front levels to align with the laser.
13. Place a level on the top side and top rear to assist with leveling the modules.
14. Using the laser level, locate the tallest module and begin leveling that one first.
15. Attach - Panel lanyard to top Fascia Bracket to prevent damage to card readers if dropped. Test fit the A-Panel to make sure alignment and leveling are correct. The A-Panel should easily insert and remove.
16. Continue leveling modules, working out from the first initial module, using the laser level to keep the modules uniform height across the entire installation, as this will help with mounting the Upper Fascia later.
Section 3: Connecting the modules
17. Once all modules are leveled and aligned, attach the Module to Module linkage bracket – Rear.
Make sure the vertical portion of the bracket is facing the rear. This bracket serves two purposes, to keep the modules aligned as well as to serve a mount in case the modules need to be secured to the wall.
18. Attach the ‘Module to Side Panel’ brackets.
19. Install side panels. Utilizing at least 2 people, lift the side panel into place. Align the connecting bracket and insert the
20. Adjust feet as needed to line up Module to Module brackets.
21. Secure top of the ‘Module to Side Panel’ bracket.
22. If previously removed, reinstall Cartridges.
23. Plug in Cartridge power connection.
a. Fan cartridge connects on the left.
b. Refrigeration Cartridge connects on the right.
24. Connect Cat5 module connector cable from Kiosk Module 1 to Module 2 and plug into the first available port on the right of the network switch.
25. Connect A-Panel cables to Top Board.
26. Mount A-Panels
27. Screw in the Fascia locking pins to each of the front fascia boards. The shorter end fascia boards will be pre-tapped for 1 locking pin, the longer middle boards will have 2.
28. Install Fascia boards.
a. Insert locking pin into the in the upper fascia mounting bracket.
b. Set the first end fascia board in place. May need to utilize clamps to hold in place.
c. Insert dowels into end of fascia board.
d. Set a middle fascia board in place and slide left or right as needed to flush all boards together.
e. Repeat until all front fascia boards are set in place.
29. Install Fascia Returns. Connect fascia return to front fascia board via dowels and clamp in place. Fascia returns do not use locking pins.
30. Secure Fascia Return with Fascia return wood screws.
31. Secure Front Fascia in place using the Screws for Fascia
32. Apply branding / marketing signage. The internal tray stickers need to be applied before the modules are powered on as the stickers will not adhere properly if the metal trays are too cool.
- See Article: Branding Your Smart N Go Guide
33. Connect modules to power and internet
34. Once modules are powered on and online, contact support for pending updates.
35. Stock modules according to planogram, starting with beverages to allow for more time to reach optimum temperature.
- See Article: On-Site Market Service
36. Complete a pick test by initiating a purchase and picking up at least the first item in every row on every tray. Be sure that each item picked displays the correct product and pricing on the screen. Utilize the fingerprint reader, market card scanner, and credit card reader on each module to test their functionality during these tests.