This article explains how to manage products within the Lightspeed Connect program. For other management options, please see Lightspeed Connect - Order Management and Lightspeed Connect - Product Management.
- Unique SKU (Code)
- Default Price to charge customers
- Product Name
- If using Preparation Tables, the table the product is made on is required. This will automatically set to the “Default Table” if you do not select a table
Shelf Life – This value is measured in days.
- You can always input Shelf Life, but if you would like this to show up in the user’s shopping cart, please contact Lightspeed support to have this feature turned on.
Weight – This is the numeric portion of the weight. For example, if your item weighs 10 ounces, you would put 10 in this field. If you input a weight, you must also input a weight unit
- Weight Units – This is the unit of measure for weight. Acceptable choices are Ounce(s), Pound(s), Gram(s), Kilogram(s)
- You can always input weights, but if you would like the weights to show in the user’s shopping cart and on invoices, please contact Lightspeed support staff to have this feature turned on.
MSRP – This is the suggested retail price of the item.
- You can always input MSRP, but if you would like this to show up in the user’s shopping cart, please contact Lightspeed support to have this feature turned on.
Cost – This is the cost to make/purchase your product.
- Cost can optionally be shown on the Order Consolidation Report. Please contact Lightspeed support to have this feature turned on
To create a new product, simply click the “New Product” button in the upper right of the Manage Products panel accessible by navigating to the Products section of the site.
On the right side of the screen, input the requested fields describing your item as outlined above. Then click the blue “Save” button. Your item is now created and will appear in the list of products on the left side of the screen.
To edit a product, select your product from the product list on the Manage Products panel. The product details will appear on the right side of the screen. You may upload an image by clicking the image at the top of the product details. A window will open where you can select the file from your computer to upload. Once selected, click “Save Image”. The image will now upload. Modify any other fields as needed. Click the blue “Save” button upon completion.
To deactivate a product, select your product from the product list on the Manage Products panel. The product details will appear on the right side of the screen. At the bottom right of the details panel, select the red “Deactivate” button.
To reactivate a product, at the top left of the Manage Products panel, click the blue “Inactive” button to load a list of current inactive products. Select your item from the list. The product details will appear on the right side of the screen. At the bottom right of the details panel, select the red “Activate” button.
To add new products or make minor edits to products such as pricing changes, Admin users may choose to upload products. Note that editing SKUs or Product names cannot be done via upload and must be done through the website.
Active Product Report
The Active Product Report is obtained by clicking the printer icon.
Other Lightspeed Connect Articles