This article is specifically for the PicoMarket, which does NOT have a bill validator. If you are looking for instructions on hardware replacement for the PicoMarket+, which has a bill validator, click HERE. 365 Support will deem whether or not an RMA is necessary. If an RMA is needed, the operator keeps the stand and SIM card (if in use) - only the Pico device is removed/replaced. The old Pico must be removed from the stand, and the new one installed.
The operator will need to return one of the antenna cables/antenna and the scanner shield that comes in the RMA kit when they send back the old Pico device. If these pieces are NOT returned, a flat rate of $30 will be charged.
Video Install Guide
- 1/8 in. hex key
- Phillips head #1 screwdriver
- Phillips head #2 screwdriver
- Pico RMA Kit (includes Pico, scanner shield, and antenna cable/antenna)
Pico Device Replacement
Remove Old Pico
- Unplug power cable, antenna cable, and ethernet (if applicable) from the bottom of the back of the stand.
- Remove spine cover from the back of the stand using a 1/8 in. hex key.
- Slide the Pico cover up and out using a Phillips head #2 screwdriver to remove the silver screw.
- Remove the power cable, antenna cable, and ethernet from the back of the Pico device.
- Remove the four screws that hold in the Pico device using a Phillips head #1 screwdriver.
- Pull Pico out of the front of the stand.
If a cellular connection is being used, the operator should remove the SIM card and keep it on-hand for the new Pico.
Install New Pico
- Unbox the Pico. In the box, you will receive the Pico device, an antenna cable/antenna, and a scanner shield.
The antenna cable/antenna and the scanner shield MUST be returned to 365 when the old Pico is returned. If these pieces are NOT returned, a flat rate of $30 will be charged.
If the existing antenna cable/antenna are NOT damaged, there is no need to swap this part out. Simply send back the brand new antenna cable/antenna as well as the scanner shield.
If the existing antenna cable/antenna are malfunctioning, swap the antenna cable/antenna. Send back the old antenna cable/antenna as well as the scanner shield.
- Install the existing SIM card into Slot 1 on the back of the new Pico device.
- Insert the new Pico in the front of the stand.
- Secure the Pico in the stand by inserting and tightening the four screws using a Phillips head #1 screwdriver.
- Plug the power cable, antenna cable, and the ethernet into the back of the Pico device.
- Slide the Pico cover in and secure it with the silver screw, using a Phillips head #2 screwdriver.
- Place the spine cover on the back of the stand and secure it using a 1/8 in. hex key.
- Plug the power cable, antenna cable, and ethernet (if applicable) into the back of the stand at the bottom.
- Power the PicoMarket up and ensure connectivity.