The REVO DVR Systems have been upgraded for all new shipments effective August 8, 2016. The new model number for this DVR system is R46D4GM22-1T.
There are many beneficial upgrades between the old and new versions of the DVR. Among the beneficial upgrades are:
- HD 1080p quality video
- Doubled hard drive space (500gb to 1tb)
- HDMI connection (as well as the traditional VGA)
- Faster networking for improved onsite remote viewing
- Improved low light performance
The most notable changes are the different cables that are used for the system, and the new requirement for an additional camera power supply.
- Cables – The previous DVR used cables with an RJ12 connector. The new DVR uses cables with a BNC connector.
- Power Supply – The previous DVR supplied power to the cameras through POE. The new system uses a 2A with a one to four splitter. An additional outlet is required to supply the cameras with power, which then connect to the DVR with the one to four splitter.
- Choose the locations for the DVR and cameras.
- Connect the BNC cables to the back of the DVR.
- Connect the monitor.
- Power on the DVR.
- Install the camera power supply to the one to four splitter.
- Connect the one to four splitter male ends to the female BNC/Power cables.
- Run the BNC/Power cables between the DVR and the camera locations.
- Install the cameras by connecting the BNC and the power cables.
- The DVR system should now be up and running.