The NanoMarket scanner hood is a plastic piece that snaps onto the NanoMarket scanner assembly and helps to guide consumers to present their product's barcode at the right area and distance from the scanner.
NanoMarket scanner hoods are an add-on product, which means:
- They are free to customers.
- They should only be ordered along with some other, paid order, to save on shipping costs.
Part: ...other order details...
Installation and Removal
It snaps onto the scanner by hand, and snaps off just as easily.
- The NanoMarket scanner hoods began shipping with new kiosks on September 1, 2019.
- The part was launched for general availability on October 2, 2019.
- Boxes of scanner hoods were shipped to operators who had 20 or more Nanos purchased before the hood was standard in the two weeks before the October 2019 launch.