Table of Contents
- On-Site Troubleshooting Steps
The purpose of this guide is to help you manage and troubleshoot your devices and resolve any network issues.
You can check the connectivity status of the following devices on the Legacy platform via Smart HQ:
- Gen 1 Kiosk
- Gen 2 Kiosk
- Gen 3 Kiosk / Gen 3c Kiosk
You can check the connectivity status of the following devices on the V5 platform via ADM or on-site from the device directly:
- V5 MicroMarket (including Legacy to V5 PC swaps)
Validate Network Status on Smart HQ
To validate network status, you must have access to https://smarthq2.365retailmarkets.com/SmartHQ/.
- Log into Smart HQ.
- You will see your locations at the bottom of the page. The Online column displays the network connection status.
- A green upward-facing arrow indicates the kiosk is online.
- A red downward-facing arrow indicates the kiosk is offline.
- If a kiosk shows offline, a technician would need to be sent on-site to troubleshoot. See the On-Site Troubleshooting Steps section.
Validating Network Status on ADM
To validate network status, you must have access to https://adm.365retailmarkets.com/public/login.
- Log into ADM.
- The default Location List screen will display.
- The Devices column contains a symbol that indicates the connectivity status of the devices at a particular location. The two symbols you may see are listed below:
- Blue Check (√) = All devices in this location are online.
- Red Exclamation (!) = One or more devices in this location are offline.
- If you see a red exclamation point for the location, hover your cursor over the symbol to see which devices are offline specifically.
- To see a chart that will show you more details about the connectivity history of a particular device, follow the steps in the section below.
View Connectivity History Chart
- If you want more information on the status of a specific location, click the symbol in the Device column for that location.
- The screen that displays will provide a detailed view of online, offline, and local mode instances for the device(s) at that location.
- Devices for the location will show on the left side. Clicking the tab for a device will load the chart specific to that device.
- You can adjust the date range in the field above the chart.
- Hovering over the colored segments in the chart will show you the time-frame for the connectivity event.
Validating Network Status On-Site
When you are on-site, there is a status indicator on the devices to easily validate network connectivity.
- Tap the logo in the upper left corner of the point of sale five times and it will display the Exit Menu.
- The connectivity status will show at the bottom of the Exit Menu. It will indicate whether the kiosk is online, offline, or in local mode. Click the status at the bottom of the page to verify the information displayed is up-to-date.
There are three statuses you may see:
- Online = Internet connection is present. The kiosk can reach the backend and monitor server.
- Local = The kiosk goes into local mode because of network or application errors. The kiosk can reach the backend server but is waiting for the monitor server to bring the kiosk out of local mode.
- Offline = Internet connection is NOT present. The kiosk cannot reach the backend server.
Remote Troubleshooting Steps
If a device is in LOCAL mode, you can attempt to resolve the issue by rebooting the device via ADM. This will NOT work if the device is showing as offline.
- To reboot from ADM, click the Reboot Device button from the connectivity history chart for the desired device.
- Allow approximately five to seven minutes for the device status to refresh within ADM.
On-Site Troubleshooting Steps
- Refer to time segment 0:51-4:00 of Troubleshooting an Offline Kiosk.
- Check the Exit menu to see if the connection has been restored (refer to Validating Network Status On-Site).