Q: How does the operator initiate this functionality?
- Go to ADM.
- Click the Admin tab.
- Select Consumer from the drop-down menu. The Consumer Search screen displays.
- Enter the last name of the consumer in the Search field.
- Click the Go button. A table with the consumer's record displays below the Go button.
- Select the link in the ID column of the consumer's record. The Consumer Summary screen displays.
- Click the Payout & Close button near the bottom of the screen. A pop-up window will display asking, "Are you sure?".
- Click OK. The window closes.
Q: When an account is Paid Out and Closed, what elements are affected?
A: The following elements are affected:
Account Balance is set to $0.00
It is the operator’s responsibility to return the funds to the owners of the accounts that have been closed. They can use cash, paper check or gift card. This means that the operator will be negative briefly, then 365 will credit the operator in the next disbursement for the subtotal of all accounts paid out and closed since the last disbursement.
GMA Loyalty Points are set to 0.
Loyalty points are not given a monetary value. Even if the consumers loyalty points exceed any particular threshold, they are not worth cash. However, those loyalty points are still tracked by 365 in case we need to audit them.
Email Addresses are removed from the database.
This frees up the email address to be used again by a new account.
Fingerprints are removed from the database.
This frees up the fingerprints to be associated with another account.
ScanCode IDs are removed from the database.
This frees up the scancodes to be used again by another account.
Q: Can an account be recovered after a Payout & Close function?
A: No. This is a permanent change. Accounts are NOT recoverable.
Q: Can the Transaction History of an account be viewed after a Payout & Close function?
A: Only indirectly. No transactions are deleted and they will still appear in any report that would normally show that transaction. However, you won’t be able to search for that transaction using the email or scancode identifiers.