Access Inventory View
1. Click on the Edit button next to the machine you want to update in the Inventory column.
Understanding Inventory Elements
2. The refill date is the date you restock your machine. Typically you would restock and immediately press the Update to Par button on the AirVend Admin page or from AV Live, without altering the refill date. However, if you update your inventory in AV Live after the fact, you will want to specify the exact date and time of the refill so that refill reports are accurately counting from that moment. This option can be disabled and will show the previous refill date and time if Quantity Added (#4) is selected.
3. Par is the total quantity you have when each bin is "full".
Example: Most of the time if your capacity is eight units in bin A1, your par level would also be eight. However, if you only restock bin A1 back up to five, and never the capacity of eight, you can set your par level to five or in other words, the amount in the bin when you consider it to be "full".
4. The Current On Hand is the quantity that is physically in that bin at the current time.
5. There are three different ways to update inventory.
a. The first way is to enter the quantity of product you added to each bin. If you want to update inventory for each bin in this way, leave Quantity Added (#4) button selected. If selected, this option will disable the Refill Date (#1) field and show the previous refill date and time. If the previous refill date and time is over a month, the following message will display in red text:
b. The second way you can update inventory is by overriding the Current On Hand quantities. If you do a physical count of each bin to reconcile your inventory and want to override the Current On Hand quantities, select the Current On Hand Quantities button and enter the desired on hand quantities.
c. The third way is the easiest and most common method of updating inventory. Press the one-click Update to Par button from the Machine Manager. If you refilled your machine back to par in each bin, you would press this button.
Setup your Par Values
Before you go live with your AirVend, you will want to define your par levels for each bin. You can do this by editing the Par field for each bin.
Update Par Values
When you have updated all the par levels, click the Update button at the bottom.
1. One-click Update to Par
As previously mentioned, when you are live with your AirVend, there are three ways to keep inventory up to date. The first and most common is the one-click Update to Par, which assumes each bin was restocked up to par levels. You can do that right from the Machines Dashboard (as shown below) or from the Admin screen on the AirVend device .
a. Click on Update in the Par column. The Refill Date/Time pop-up window will display.
b. Adjust the date and time to when you were physically at your machine refilling it, and click Update to Par.
c. After you click Update to Par, the software will update your slots to par and subtract any slots that may have had sales since the date and time that you specified.
2. Override On Hand Quantities in Each Bin
The second way to update inventory is to override the existing on hand quantities. This is done when you have just done a physical count of products and input the current on hand numbers.
a. Select the Update On Hand Quantity button.
b. Enter the total on hand quantities in each bin.
c. Press Update at the bottom to save.
Note: On this page you can change the Refill Date. If Update to Par is not used, then Update On Hand Quantity will be the preferred method.
3) Enter Quantity Added in Each Bin
The third method of updating inventory is to tell AV Live how many products you added to each bin when you restocked. This option is useful for operators who add or subtract a few products from their machine but do not know how many are on hand and do not want to update the refill date and time.
a. Enter the quantity you added to each bin.
b. Press the Update button at the bottom. The quantities will be added and if any sales have occurred since the product was added to the machine, the software will include all those sales and calculate the On Hand quantity after you update the slots where you have added products. This will help eliminate any inventory and reporting discrepancies.