Gen1, Gen2, Gen3 (Serviceable) and V5 MicroMarkets
Tools: Phillips Head Screwdriver
The webcam in 365 MicroMarkets adds an additional layer of security by capturing an image for each cancelled transaction. This article will explain how to install, enable, and disable the webcam in your 365 product.
Model Differences - Microsoft vs. Logitech Webcam
Both Logitech and Microsoft webcams are used in our MicroMarkets, because the Logitech webcam has been recently discontinued. The Logitech webcam is still available in existing Gen2 and Gen3 MicroMarkets, but all new MicroMarkets are shipped with the Microsoft LifeCam. There is no difference in functionality between the two models.
Cancel Report and Webcam Images
If you have Cancel Report Integration enabled for your location, the images captured by the MicroMarket web can be reviewed on the Cancel Report in SmartHQ and/or ADM. If the cancel images are not available, contact 365 Support at (888) 365-6282 for further assistance.
Webcam Feed Missing
If the web cam feed is not displayed in the Point of Sale software, follow these steps:
- Access the Valet Settings by tapping the top, left corner five times.
- Sign in with your Kiosk PIN (Exit Code).
- Select Settings.
- Be sure that the Enable Webcam box is checked.
Webcam is Black or Gray Box
If the webcam screen is present but there is a grey or black screen, go to step two and verify the connection between the PC and the webcam.
After verifying that the webcam is connected to the kiosk computer:
- Reboot the kiosk and attempt to view the webcam feed again.
- If that does not restore the webcam feed, switch the USB connection to a working port and reboot the kiosk again.
- If, after performing the steps outlined above, the webcam still fails to display in the Point of Sale software, contact 365 Support at (888) 365-6282 for further assistance.
VIDEO: Removing the Webcam for Service
Disable the Webcam
Certain secure locations may request that the webcam be disabled as a security measure. To disable the webcam, follow these steps:
- Return to the Point of Sale software.
- Access the Settings menu.
- Deselect the box to Enable Webcam.
- Select Save.
After the webcam is disabled, it can be removed from the MicroMarket as follows:
- Open the kiosk using a Phillips Head screwdriver.
- Disconnect the device from the kiosk computer.