Employees performing maintenance on a kiosk can be granted access to the Point-of-Sale administration settings in SmartHQ. This will allow technicians and drivers to manage certain hardware configurations and report that cash was collected from the kiosk.
Adding a New User
- Sign into SmartHQ.
- Select Manage Kiosk Users under the Administration column.
- Select Create New User or choose an existing user to view their current settings.
- Enter the Username, First Name, Last Name, Password and Kiosk Pin.
- Apply the account permissions for Kiosk Out and Exit Application, and any additional access that is required.
- Select the locations where the user will have access.
- Select Add.
Settings Permission - Allows the employee to manage:
- Which denominations of bills the kiosk will accept
- Whether receipts are printed, emailed, or sent by text message
- Enable or disable the webcam
- Manage other hardware features
This is recommended for technicians.
Inventory Permission - This field is no longer used and controls no functionality.
Kiosk Out - This field is required.
Kiosk Cash Out - The Cash-Out report should be run by the person who empties the cash from the kiosk every time they empty it. For more information on the kiosk Administrative Menu, refer to the supplemental Administrative Settings Guide. Cash Out activity will be logged by the person's username. For more information, see the Cash-In Kiosk Report.
Cash Out Viewable (On Receipt) - This permission allows the dollar amount to print on the receipt when a Cash-In is completed at the kiosk. If left unchecked, the amount will show up as XXXXX by default.
Exit Application - This field is required.
Note: Create a Kiosk User profile for anyone collecting cash from the kiosks. Their Cash Out activity will be logged by their username. For more information, see Cash-In Kiosk Report.
Disabling and Deleting Kiosk Users
Kiosk User accounts can be deactivated in SmartHQ.
1. Sign into SmartHQ.
2. Select Manage Kiosk Users under the Administration column.
2. Locate and choose the existing user to view their account settings.
3. Select Disable or Delete to remove the user's access to the kiosk.