The purpose of this article is to outline the process for swapping out/replacing a Castles Card Reader in V5 devices.
- Unplug the MDB connector, Ethernet cable, and USB plug.
- Check the screen to make sure the unit has powered down. The screen on the Castles CC reader should go black.
- Using a #1 Phillips head screwdriver, remove the 4 silver mounting screws around the outside of the card reader on the back. Retain the screws for reinstallation of the new reader.
- Install the replacement reader using the 4 mounting screws and a #1 Phillips head screwdriver.
- Plug the MDB, ethernet, and USB cables back in. You should hear a slight click when the MDB is fully seated.
- While on the main screen of the kiosk, tap on the top left-hand of the screen 5 times in quick succession. This will take you to the Driver Login screen. Make note of the IP address located on the bottom left (right below the login button).
- Access the PAYAPI screen of the Castle card reader by performing the actions listed below:
- Tap the bottom-left corner of the screen four times
- Tap the top-left corner of the screen four times
- Enter the IP of the kiosk (located on the kiosk’s screen mentioned above) into the NEW IP field on the card reader.
- Press OK. The device will reboot and now be in sync with the new IP of the kiosk.