This document provides instructions on how to use the USB recovery drive on the MM6 Actineon device.
- Mouse (recommended)
- Recovery ISO flashed USB
If you need to flash a USB, please see the Hard Drive Recovery USB Creation - CK article.
- Power down the device by pressing the power button. Do not hold.
- Attach the USB to one of the center USB slots
- Attach keyboard and mouse to left USB slots
- Power on device and press F11 till you see the password prompt
- Enter in the BIOS password. Please call Support (877-280-7373) for the password.
- Use the arrow keys to select the USB from the list of devices
- Press Enter
- The Disk Recover GRUB menu will appear. It will auto start in 30 seconds or you can press Enter on the keyboard
- The Ubuntu logo and a loading symbol will show while the recover disk is booting/running
- There will be a window open with the results of the regular and logical volume fsck checks in different tabs
- Please check both tabs to ensure the disk says "Clean"
a) If you're using a mouse, you can click on the tabs
b) If you're using a keyboard
i) Press tab till "Regular Partitions" tab is highlighted
ii) Press the right arrow key to navigate to the next tab
- Once confirmed clean, close the window.
a) With mouse, click close.
b) With keyboard, use the tab key till close is highlighted and press space or enter.
- Closing the program will initiate the shutdown procedure.
- Remove the USB when prompted and press Enter
- Power the Actineon back on after it has fully shut down.
- Once rebooted, the kiosk should start up normally