This document informs the operator how to uninstall the Fingerprint reader of a Gen3/Gen3c Kiosk, and replace it with an RFID reader. The steps for this process can also be found at Gen3/Gen3c Kiosk - Fingerprint Reader to RFID Swap.
- Sharp blade, scissors, or other tool suitable for cutting zip ties
- Open the kiosk and unplug the fingerprint reader from the PC
- Remove the wire loom from the cable and cut the zip tie holding the excess cable length
- Remove the two screws attaching the fingerprint reader to the kiosk
- Use a file to cut a notch at the top of the fingerprint reader slot. Use the file to clean up any plastic burrs and rough edges
- Feed the RFID reader USB cable through the front of the kiosk
- Align the RFID reader on the front of the kiosk and apply double-sided adhesive to the area around the fingerprint reader opening
- Apply double-sided adhesive to the back of the opening
- Bind any excess cable and secure it with a zip tie
- Tuck the bundle behind the RFID reader and stick it to the adhesive
- Feed the USB cable through the wire loom and route it back up to the PC
- Plug the USB cable in and close up the kiosk
You have now completed the swap process.