This guide will provide details on how to modify your MM6 operatorations to accommodate scheduled orders sent to the device remotely with Order Ahead. The MM6 Order Ahead feature provides an opportunity for consumers to place orders with the operator's device remotely. This can be done via the 365Pay mobile app or the 365Pay site, or on the device itself. The system is ideal for situations where staff may not have access to their smartphones or a browser in order to use our order ahead app.
If you have any further questions about the Order Ahead process, please see 365Dining - Order Ahead Operator Guide.
For more information on the MM6 kiosks, please see the MM6 ReadyTouch (MM6-RT) Hardware Guide and the MM6 Company Kitchen (MM6-CK) Hardware Guide.
If you have the required components but do not have the Order Ahead functionality setup yet and would like to make this available for your location, please reach out to your Sales representative.
Please contact your 365 Sales Representative at 888-365-7382 for more information and a quote.
Enabling Order Ahead
- Login to ADM
- Select the Menu tab from ADM's main menu
- Select Self-service from the list of options available
- Once directed to the Self Services page, you will see a toggle button for Order Ahead on Kiosk (shown below). Select this toggle to enable it. You may select it again to disable it at any time.
Customizing Your Order Ahead Settings
- Select Location from the main menu of ADM
- Select the name of the particular location you would like to modify from the list available
- You will now be taken to the Location Summary screen for that location. Scrolling down the page, you will then find the Order Ahead settings listed on this page, which you can modify as needed. For example, you can add Pickup locations, or create disclaimer messaging for your customers.
Set Order Limits for Time Slots
You can also set order limits for particular timeslots, meaning that once that number of people select that time slot for their order, the time slot will not be available to other customers. This helps prevent backups in the kitchen.
- Log into ADM
- Select the Menu option on the main menu, and choose Self Service from the drop-down options
- Find the particular menu you would like to edit, and select Set Limits from the Order Limits column for that menu
- You will then be taken to the Self Service Menu Order Limits screen for that menu, where you are able to make any adjustments required
Creating an Order Ahead Menu
Once the above steps are complete, please visit Order Ahead Features: ADM - Setting Up Menus / Item Buttons to create your Order Ahead menu.
If you are using OrderAhead in addition to other services, you have multiple types of taxes that must be applied to your products. See ADM - Tax Mapping and Creating Tax Rates to see how unique tax settings may apply to your needs.
If lockers are enabled at your organization, you can use them as your pickup locations. You can learn more by reading Lockers – Operator Guide: Setup & Maintenance.
The Customer Experience
What the End User Sees
When a user approaches the kiosk, they will scan in or enter their account credentials as normal. Next, they will see a screen with all location options listed. If your organization only has one location, this step will be skipped and they will proceed to the next screen.
Once they have selected the pickup location, they will then see all of the times they can choose from at that location, broken up into 15-minute increments. The earliest time shown will be the next 15-minute window from the current time.
If pickup time slots for the next day are available, they will be separated from today’s pickup timeslots by a header with tomorrow’s available pickup time slots listed under it.
They can also choose the "ASAP" time option from this screen, which will immediately take them to the menu to start selecting items. Their order will then be placed without the Order Ahead feature.
If they need to see more times, then can click on the button 'More Times'
After they select the time they would like, they then proceed to the menu to order as normal. Once the customer has completed shopping, they will proceed to their cart to check out. The cart screen will show the summary of their items, as well as confirmation of the Pickup Time and Pickup Location for their order.
They can then select an email, text, or printed receipt. All of these options will list the Pickup Time and Pickup Location for the order.
If the MM6 device is Offline
If the MM6 device is offline, the customer will order and checkout without the Order Ahead feature. A message will display, stating that the order ahead feature is unavailable at this time, please try again later.