We make it conversational.
Our website content is a focused conversation with a busy person. When users come with questions, we provide them with quick, simple to understand answers. Since we aren't there in person having a discussion, we build our side of the conversation into our website.
We answer questions.
Users come to our website looking for answers and to gain more information about 365. So that means no lengthy FAQs and overly detailed sentences. We think about why people are coming to our site and what they want to know. We give them that information as concisely and clearly as possible.
We let people grab-and-go.
Our technologies and our content provide our customers with the same type of lifestyle; grab-and-go convenience. We make their lives easier no matter how they interact with 365. They are busy and so are we. We break information into pieces for different visitors, topics, and needs. We help users grab just want they need and go on to look up their next question, make a decision, or do whatever comes next.
We are authentic.
Our web writing is more informal than other formats. We aim for a voice that is clear, credible, trustworthy, and welcoming. We use a little more sense of humor than other areas of writing to show that we are real and not robots.
Website Best Practices:
- When you’re writing, ask if the web page is too long, and whether it should be broken down into separate, linked xx pages.
- Content should be brief, clear, and to the point. One-sentence paragraphs are encouraged. Research has shown that short, concise paragraphs and bulleted lists work best for web use.
- Follow the top-to-bottom hierarchy, saving less important information for the bottom of the page.
Write Meaningful Headers
Headers allow readers to navigate content. We use the header to clearly describe the content in each paragraph. Headers should:
- Be short and direct
- Stand on their own and be understood without context
- Avoid jargon, abbreviations, and technical terms
- Be search engine friendly – see “SEO Writing” below – (links to SEO)
Use Common Language
For SEO (Search Engine Optimization) (links to SEO) we use the same words and phrases our readers do. When creating page titles, headers, list items, and links, we choose keywords carefully and use them consistently.
Use Links Effectively
Link, link, and link to relevant information. If you mention the 365Pay in a paragraph on the home page, link that word to the mobile page.
Keep Content Fresh
Outdated web content will confuse our users and make us look lazy. It also degrades the user's trust in our information. We add fresh content (text, images, videos) as often as possible- monthly review.
Alt text, buttons, forms- coming soon!
For immediate content support reach out to Melissa for further information