What is the 365Beacon (Legacy Beacon and New Beacon)?
The 365Beacon is a product that allows operators to offer a marketplace without any existing hardware. It is a small device that can be plugged into a wall outlet near a cooler or kiosk. When plugged in, it allows consumers to pay for the item(s) they have purchased from the cooler or kiosk.
- There are Legacy Beacons and new Beacons.
- Legacy Beacon: Any Beacon that was shipped from 365 before September 3, 2021.
- New Beacon: Any Beacon that was shipped from 365 starting September 3, 2021.
- Click HERE for information on how to determine whether a Beacon is legacy or new.
Do new Beacons look any different than Legacy Beacons?
No, the hardware is identical.
How do you install the Beacon?
- Legacy Beacon: Remove it from the box and plug it into a wall outlet in the marketplace area.
- New Beacon: Remove it from the box, plug it into a wall outlet in the market place area, then self-provision the device. See 365Beacon - Self-Provisioning Guide for this process.
Where should I put the Beacon?
The Beacon should be plugged directly into an outlet on a wall in the marketplace if possible.
- It should NOT be inside a kiosk, as that can limit the range.
- It can be behind a counter or fixture but NOT behind a cooler as that can also limit the range.
- In addition, you do not want to place it where it is easily seen by consumers, as they may try to tamper with or remove it.
What if I want to add more than one Beacon to a location?
You can select up to 10 Beacons at one time to provision to a location.
Do I have to be near the Beacon(s) to provision them?
Yes, you must be within Bluetooth range of the Beacon for 365Ops to be able to self-provision. The standard distance we recommend is within 5-10ft.
When I provision my Beacon or create a new location, how long will it take to show in ADM?
There may be a slight delay in showing within ADM, however at most it should be approximately 15 minutes, if not instantly.
What credentials do I use to log into the 365Ops app?
Use your ADM login credentials. If you need a password reset, you can reset from the ADM login screen.
What permissions does someone need in order to be able to provision/stage a Beacon?
Operator or Driver permissions.
Why can't I see all Beacons that are provisioned at my location in the 365Ops app?
The 365Ops app will only show Beacons that are within range, whether they are provisioned or not.
How do I connect the 365Pay app to the Beacon after it is installed?
- Turn on Bluetooth on your mobile device.
- Launch the 365Pay app and wait approximately 10 to 20 seconds. A red circle with a number should appear above the Shop icon in the bottom menu bar.
- Click the Shop icon.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to scan and checkout.
Is there a way to extend the range of the Beacon?
Beacons are limited to about 15 to 20 feet each, but you can add an additional Beacon to expand the range by placing it in a different location. This will allow connection from a variety of locations.
What do I do in a big room if the Beacon does not cover the whole range of the room?
Add a second Beacon in the same room. This will expand the range if placed in a different outlet than the existing Beacon.
What are the pros and cons of having multiple Beacons?
- Pros: It can help extend the range that consumers can connect to the Beacon and still complete their purchases.
- Cons: It can also allow consumers to walk farther away from the Beacon and the marketplace and forget to pay for their item(s).
What types of promotions does the Beacon support?
Beacons support Tender, On-Screen, and Bundle promotions based on the type of discount the operator wants to offer. Operators can further customize their promotions by:
- Using filters for locations and devices
- The discount amount consumers will receive
- The timing and duration of the promotion
See ADM Promotions for more information.
Can I relocate a Beacon?
- Legacy Beacon: No. If you wish to relocate a Legacy Beacon, please contact our Sales Admin team to initiate an order for a replacement Beacon.
- New Beacon: Yes. See 365Beacon - Self-Provisioning Guide for this process.
Can the Beacon be placed in a marketplace with an existing kiosk or tablet?
Yes, it is designed to work with all other 365 devices in our Connected Campus. However, it can also be a stand-alone product to offer our consumers a convenience choice.
Where does the location name come from?
The location name is entered/selected during the self-provisioning process. See 365Beacon - Self-Provisioning Guide for more information.