Table of Contents
As part of the server release rel-191025-server, new report functionality has been added to ADM which allows you to retrieve reports more easily. You will now have an organized list of reports that can be setup to send as PD or Excel files through email or run on a periodic basis.
The reports themselves have not changed. Only the screens where you set up the report criteria have changed.
Reports Main Screen
To access the Report Main screen:
- Click on the Reports tab on the Home page of ADM. The screen will display two panels, Reports List and Scheduled Reports. (Figure 1)
Figure 1 – Reports Main screen
- You can view and manage the following new sections in the Reports List panel:
- ALL REPORTS
- Report categories:*
*These categories will be expanded when you first open the Reports Main screen.
When you have chosen reports as FAVORITES, they will appear in the FAVORITES section in the Reports List panel.
- To designate a report as a FAVORITE, click the star next to the eye symbol to the right of the report’s name. The star will turn blue and a copy of the report will appear in the FAVORITES section. (Figure 2)
- To remove a report from the FAVORITES section, click on the star again.
Figure 2 – Reports selected as Favorites
The last five reports that you have accessed will be listed in the RECENTS section. You cannot delete reports from the RECENTS section. The reports change on a revolving basis as you continue to access additional reports. Reports in this section can also be designated as FAVORITES or previewed by clicking on the eye symbol.
ALL REPORTS contains the search function that allows you to search for a specific report without having to browse through the six report categories. Click on ALL REPORTS to expand or collapse the list of all reports.
The Scheduled Reports panel will populate with a grid after you have run and scheduled a report. The saved information will be shown in the Scheduled Reports grid. The grid will contain these fields: (Figure 3)
- Report Name
- Frequency (Daily, Weekly, Monthly Specific, Monthly Relative)
- Data Range
- Format (MS Excel or PDF)
- Created By
Figure 3 – Scheduled Reports grid
To Schedule a Report:
- Click on the report you want to schedule. The report scheduling criteria will display in the left panel. (Figure 4)
Figure 4 – Report Scheduling criteria
- Choose the date or date range. Setting a time range is optional (if this field is displayed). The default date range is Last 30 days.
The following Date Ranges can be set in the Run Report form:
- Choose the Location(s).
- Click Run Report. The report will display in the right panel. (Figure 5)
Figure 5 – Report displayed in the right panel
- Click Schedule Report in the upper right corner of the screen. The report scheduling options will display in the Scheduling Form in the left panel. (Figure 6)
Figure 6 – Options for scheduling a report
- Select the Frequency of the report.
The following Frequency options will display in the Scheduling Report grid:
- Daily – The selection will appear as daily. This is selected by default.
- Weekly – The selection will appear weekly (M/F,S/S).
(i.e., Weekly with recur Monday through Friday or any combination of days that you choose.)
- Monthly Specific – The selection will appear as monthly (Day 1, 26, 31).
(i.e., Monthly with recur on day 1, 26, and 31 of every month.)
- Monthly Relative – The selection will appear as monthly (1st Sunday).
(i.e., Monthly with recur on the 1st Sunday of every month.)
- Choose the Recipients from a list of ADM users or manually enter comma separated emails.
- Select the Report Format: Excel or PDF. Excel is selected by default.
- Click Schedule Report. The message “Report Scheduled” will flash in the lower right corner when the report has been successfully scheduled.
- Click Done at the top of the screen. The Scheduled Reports grid displays showing your new report. (Figure 7)
Figure 7 – Your reports displayed in Scheduled Reports grid
To Delete a Scheduled Report:
- Click in the row of any report. Editing Scheduled Report options will display in the left panel. (Figure 8)
Figure 8 – Editing Scheduled Report options
- Select Delete.
The message “Scheduled Report Deleted” will flash in the lower right corner when the report has been successfully deleted. The report will be removed from the Scheduled Reports grid but will still be available in the left panel with all of the other reports.
Editing the Scheduling Forms
The Scheduling Form can be used to edit:
- Scheduled report frequency
- Format selected
- Email addresses
The message “Scheduled Report Updated” will flash in the lower right corner when the report has been successfully updated.
To see a preview of any report, tap the eye symbol next to the star by the name of the report. You will see a preview of the report that you selected.(Figure 9) The Report Preview grid will include the following sections:
- Report Name
- Knowledge Base – links about the report
- Data Included – types of data included in the report
- Preview – image of a sample report
Figure 9 – Preview of Account Funding report
If a preview is not available, the message “No preview available for this report” will display.
You can access Report Previews by clicking on the eye symbol in the Report List panel, Run Report Form or the Scheduling Form.
Run Report Form and Report Results
You will now be able to run reports conveniently without losing your report criteria when you want to re-run the report for different date ranges or locations.
To access the new Run Report form: (Figure 10)
- Click on any report in the Report List Panel (left) on the Reports Main The form contains:
- Name of the report
- Report Preview icon
- Date range fields
- Locations selection fields
- The Run Report button
Figure 10 – Run Report form
- Define your criteria. The Results screen will display the results of the report in the right panel. (Figure 11)
Figure 11 – The Results screen
- You then have the option to export the data to Excel or Print to PDF.
The Results screen will also display these buttons and fields:
- Done button
- To Excel button
- Print button
- Scheduled Report button
- Title of the report
- Date Range