Table of Contents
- Important Changes
- User Summary tab
- Manage User Roles tab
- Manage Passwords tab
- Creating a New Role
The purpose is this document is to show ADM Operators the Roles and Permissions feature that allows them to leverage pre-set (out of the box roles) or customize unique roles and assign permissions across ADM and other systems.
The roles of Reporter and Reporter Plus have been combined into one role called Reporter. This role will include staff access and be the Reporter Plus role for all users who were under either Reporter or Reporter Plus.
The Operator role will be the only role able to access the Roles and Permissions sections. Only someone with an Operator role can manage users and roles assigned to users.
Users and Roles
- The Users and Roles Management features are under the Admin tab.
- Click Users and Roles (Fig 1). This link opens the User List screen, where you can manage your users and their roles.
Figure 1 – Admin tab drop-down menu
Changes in the User List Screen
- In the User List screen (Fig 2), you can now filter users by “active” versus “inactive”. This gives you the ability to “Disable” a user to keep your user list clean and updated.
Figure 2 – User List screen
- Click the new Manage Roles button at the top right of the User List screen to access the Roles Management feature in the User Roles screen (Fig 3).
Figure 3 – User Roles screen
User Summary tab
Creating or Editing Users and Their Roles
- Click the Create New button next to the Manage Roles button and the Add User screen (Fig 4) will display where you can add a new user.
Figure 4 – Add User screen
- Double-click the name of an existing user and the Edit User screen will display where you can edit their information (Fig 5).
Figure 5 – Edit User screen
- The Edit and Add screens are identical. The first part of the screen contains the user’s basic information. You are required to fill in the first name, last name, and email fields.
- In the Edit User screen > User Summary tab, you can add or remove access to one or more organizations and locations.
- You can also Disable existing users by clicking the red Disable User button (Fig 5).
Note: Disabling a user does not delete them. It removes their access to the systems. You can go back and enable that user at any time.
Manage User Roles tab
- Click the Manage User Roles tab in the Edit User screen.
- Click the drop-down menu by the Security Role (Fig 6). From the menu of options, you can assign either a pre-set role (i.e. Operator, Driver, Reporter) or a custom role that you or another Operator have created.
Figure 6 – Edit User screen, Security Role drop-down menu
- Enter a date in the Effective Date field, if you want to assign a role and make it effective for a future date.
- Enter a date in the Expiration Date field, if you want a role expire on a specific date and be removed from the user’s profile.
- Check the Send Notification box to notify the user that their role has changed. The user will receive an email about their role change. If the box is not checked, the user will not receive an email about their role change.
- Click the Manage Roles button at the lower left of the Edit User The User Roles screen will display where you can manage existing roles and create new ones.
Note: You can remove roles from a user by:
- Clicking the Manage Roles button in the User List screen.
- By clicking the Manage Roles button in the Manage User Roles tab in the Edit User screen (see the “Editing Existing Roles” section).
Manage Passwords tab
In the Edit User screen, in the Manage Passwords tab you can see if a user has created their password. You can also send them a password reset/verification email.
- If the Password field is blank (no dots) – the user has not created their password and finalized their verification.
- If the Password field is not blank (has dots) – the user has created their password and finalized their verification.
- Either way, if the user has requests help with their password, you can click the Send Password Reset button (Fig 7) to send a password reset email.
Note: The email sent to the user will expire in one hour. Then you will need to send them another password reset email.
Figure 7 – Send Password Reset button
- From the Edit User screen, click the Manage User Roles tab.
- Click the Manage Roles button.
The User Role screen (Fig 8) displays and provides a list of roles that are currently available to you. This will include the pre-set roles and any custom roles that your organization has created. The list of role displays the name of the role, description, and how many users are currently assigned to that role.
Figure 8 – User Roles screen
- The table in the User Roles screen allows you to copy any role (pre-set or custom) and customize that role by clicking the icon in the Copy column.
- You can delete a custom role if there are no users assigned to that role (Fig 9).
Note: You cannot delete a pre-set role (Operator, Driver, Reporter).
Figure 9 – Cannot delete custom role with users assigned to it
Creating a New Role
Create From Scratch
- From the User Roles screen, you can create new roles by clicking the Create New Role button. The Create Role screen (Fig 10) displays.
Figure 10 – Create Roles screen
- You can create new roles from scratch or by copying an existing role and changing its parameters.
- Give your role a unique Role Name and Description in the “Role Information” section. The level of detail in the Role Permissions table, allows you to create a very customized role.
The “Role Permission” section is organized by these ADM tabs: Location, Product, Menu, Reports, Admin, Super and Other Systems.
The Other Systems tab is for systems outside ADM permission control. It controls access to the Mobile Inventory App (providing full access or no access for a role) and the cash out feature on the V5 kiosk. The Other Systems tab provides even more flexibility into roles and permission assignment.
Note: A new role will not have any assigned users, so you will not see the “Users Associated to Role” section where you can remove users quickly from a specific role.
Create From Copy
You can create a new role from an existing role by creating a copy of the existing role.
- Click the Copy icon in the User Roles screen.
- The Create Role screen will display, and the copied role name will be pre-filled as Role Name (copy) with the description Copy of ... (Fig 11). All role permissions will be transferred from the original role and can be edited to customize the new role.
Note: A newly copied role will not have any assigned users, so you will not see the “Users Associated to Role” section where you can remove users quickly from a specific role.
Figure 11 – Pre-filled Role Name and Description
Editing an Existing Role
You can view and copy but not edit a pre-set role (Operator, Driver, Reporter). Only custom roles can be edited.
- Click on the custom role that you want to edit from the list in the User Roles screen.
- In the Edit Role screen, you will be able to update the role name, description, and set of permissions (Fig 12).
Figure 12 – Role Name, Description, and Set of Permissions
- You can also copy the role to create a new one or delete it (if no users currently associated to it).
- If the role has users associated to it, you will see a section called “Users Associated to Role”. This section shows the user’s first name, last name, and email. You can remove users from this role by clicking the Remove icon next to their name.
Signage - Creating Add and Edit Roles
The Signage tab on the Location Summary page in ADM allows operators to add images that will be displayed on the V5 Cancel Alert package. Currently, the Operator and Driver roles do not have the ability to Add or Edit images. Follow the steps below to give operators and drivers the ability to add and edit images for use in commercials.
- On the Location List page in ADM, click the desired location. The Location Summary page will idisplay for that location.
- Scroll down and find the Has Signage field on the left.
- If the field shows "Yes", got to step 4. If it shows "No",
- Change it to "Yes".
- Scroll down to the Save button and click it. The Location List page will display again.
- Click on your location. The Location Summary page will displaay again.
Selecting "Yes" in the Has Signage field, causes the Signage tab to display in the row of tabs near the bottom of the page.
4. Click on the Signage tab.
Click on the following link to learn how to use the Signage tab: ADM Signage tab/Zbox V5 - Operator.