The Home Commercial is an image-based advertisement, which displays on the Home screen of a kiosk when it is in Self-Service mode and not in use. It is functionally similar to a screensaver for kiosks, allowing you to advertise various features and products when the device is waiting for the next customer to use it.
Operators can use this ADM feature to create new commercials in advance, schedule the dates and times when those commercials run, and control whether the commercials will be removed automatically.
Example Home Commercial - MM6 Markets
The MM6 Markets uses the following for default home commercials:
Create A JPG or PNG for Your Home Commercial
Home Commercials can use any .jpg or .png file you would like to display.
The image sizes for Home Commercials are:
Gen3: 1024 pixels wide by 520 pixels tall
MM6 Dining/ MM6 Mini Dining/ Pico Platform: 1080 pixels wide x 1920 pixels tall
- MM6/MM6Mini Market: 1080 pixels wide x 1115 pixels tall
Each Home Commercial will have a 'Commercial Type' field that will allow multiple Home Commercial styles to work on different sized screens at a single location. Save the desired image on your computer as a .jpg or .png file of the correct size before continuing to the next steps.
Add a New Home Commercial
- After you have created and saved your image file, log into ADM and navigate to the Location tab, if you are not already there.
- Click on the name of the location where you would like the Home Commercial to appear.
- Now that you are on the Location Summary page, select the Home Commercial tab near the top of the page. Select the 'Commercial Type' that matches the screen size of the Device you would are making a Home Commercial for. Next, select the blue Add Home Commercial button.
- A pop-up will appear. Here, select the Upload New tab, followed by the green Upload new image button.
- Another pop-up will appear, allowing you to navigate to the folder where your file is saved and select it.
- Once your image has been selected and the second pop-up window has disappeared, you can select the dates and times you would like to use this commercial. This can be set for particular times or particular dates, or you can give the commercial no end date.
- Once you have changed the schedule for your commercial and selected the Add button, all pop-ups will have disappeared and you will be directed back to the Home Commercial tab of the Location Summary.
If you do not see the commercial you just created on the list of Home Commercials, select the drop-down beneath the 'Commercial Type' field and select the All option. This will show all of the Home Commercials you have created, no matter their status.
- After you have verified that the home commercial has been added, click the red Update Prices & Full Sync button.
Rename and Edit a Home Commercial
- To change the name or schedule of a Home Commercial, click on the commercial you would like to edit from the list
- A pop-up menu will appear, allowing you to preview the image. There are also buttons for editing or removing the commercial at the bottom. In this case, select Edit
- You will now be able to change the schedule of the commercial, as well as the name. Select Save when you are done.
Create New Home Commercials from Existing Images
- From the Location Summary page, select the Home Commercial. Select the Commercial Type to match the appropriate screen size, then select the blue Add Home Commercial button.
- A pop-up window will appear. You will already be on the Choose Existing tab, which will allow you to see all of the images you have previously used for Home Commercials. Select the check box next to one or multiple of these images, and a new Home Commercial will be created for each one.
- After selecting Next, you will then be able to set the schedule for all of these new commercials at the same time.
Remove a Home Commercial
- Choose the name of the Home Commercial you would like to remove
- In the pop-up window that appears, select Remove
- Select Remove.