This article explains the process of installing both types of MM6 Mini device: the MM6 Mini for Markets and the MM6 Mini for Dining. Additionally, you may use this guide to install the optional XP unit for your device.
MM6 Mini Specs
- Weight: 35 lbs
- 16.5” wide, 25.5” high, 16.5” deep
- MM6 Mini for Markets - V5
- MM6 Mini for Dining - CK
Detailed Hardware Descriptions
|Data Processing||Actineon Silient 11M PC||High-speed, lightweight, ultra-quiet industrial PC|
|Touch Screen||15.6” MicroTouch touchscreen||Mounted in portrait format|
|Credit Card Reader||
MM6 Mini Markets: Castles UPT1000
MM6 Mini Dining: iUC 285
|Supports contactless & Apple/Android Pay|
|Barcode Scanner||Zebra barcode scanner||High-volume scanner capable of reading most barcodes, including 1D, 2D, QR, and direct part marks; reads barcodes presented on any surface.|
|Camera||MM6 Mini Markets: Fisheye webcam||Able to capture a wide range of the surroundings|
|Router||Cisco Meraki Z3C||Creates a secure network between devices and 365 Servers|
Setting Up the MM6 Mini
MM6 Mini Setup Requirements
An MM6 mini setup will require:
- One outlet - 120VAC 3-prong grounded outlet (15-amp service)
- One RJ45 wired Ethernet jack
- 8th-inch hex wrench
- 7/16th inch combination wrench
- 3/8” drill bit and drill (not pictured)
In the provided installation kit, you will find:
- Thumb Nut Screws (4)
- Screws (3)
- Rear Brace (1) - Installed on the back of the MM6 Mini Kiosk
- Lower Brace (1) - Installed on the XP unit
Connect the XP Unit to the MM6 Mini
If you are installing the XP Unit, this process should be done first.
Please note: the XP unit of the MM6 Mini attaches to the right-hand side of the kiosk.
- Unlock both the MM6 Mini kiosk and the XP unit.
- Install the Lower Brace and secure the plate from inside the XP unit with 2 Thumb Screw Nuts. Don’t fully tighten the screw nuts at this point
- Open the MM6 Mini Kiosk door and unplug the USB-C cable from the PC. This will make installing the rear brace easier.
- Turn the Kiosk around to view the back. Line up the rear brace with the lower-left slot on the back of the device so that the screw hole of the rear brace is lined up with the slot. Be sure to orient the rear brace so that the two bolts are pointing towards the right-hand side of the unit.
- Inside the device, below the PC unit, place one of the provided screws into the slot so that it lines up with the screw hole of the rear brace. Attach the rear brace from the inside of the MM6 Kiosk with this screw. Once the rear brace has been attached, plug in the USB-C cable back into the PC.
- Run the USB cable under the MM6 Mini stand. Pull the cable through the kiosk opening and plug it into an open PC port
- Line up the bolts of the rear brace with the appropriate holes in the XP unit, and insert them into the device.
- Inside MM6 Mini Kiosk, line up the screw holes to the slots and secure XP unit to Kiosk. You may need to shift the XP unit somewhat to get everything to line up. Keep both thumb nut screws loosened until everything is in place.
- Tighten all the Thumb Nut Screws in the XP unit
- Lock both Kiosk and XP unit
- Plug Kiosk and XP unit into 120VAC 3-prong grounded outlets
Countertop Installation for the MM6 Mini
- Remove the four rubber feet from the underside of the stand, in order for it to sit flush against the countertop.
- Place the Countertop Installation Template guide on the counter of the desired location and secure it with tape. This installation guide is included in the paperwork that comes with the MM6 Mini, and is also available for download in the attachments to this article.
- Use your 3/8” drill bit to drill 4 holes in the marked locations. If you have installed the XP unit, drill the additional 2 holes in the marked locations.
- Attach the device to the countertop using one of the following methods:
Bolted Connection (suggested method): place the unit in its desired location and insert the supplied carriage bolts through the square holes. Secure the bolt from the underside of the countertop with washers and nuts.
Wood Screws: place the unit in the desired location and drive the screws through the base holes using a drill driver.
- Bolted Connection (suggested method): place the unit in its desired location and insert the supplied carriage bolts through the square holes. Secure the bolt from the underside of the countertop with washers and nuts.
- Power on the MM6 Mini unit by connecting it to a 120VAC 3-prong grounded outlet. If you have installed the XP Unit, this will also need to be plugged into a 120VAC 3-prong grounded outlet. Plug in the provided ethernet cable to an access point.
The MM6 Mini unit will then boot up and automatically start the Point of Sale (POS) software. The Meraki will also power up when you start the kiosk.