The purpose of this article is to outline the steps to properly outline the components and properly connect a MM6 XP Unit.
Hardware USB Hub reminder:
- MM6 XP Unit does have a USB hub
- MM6 Kiosk does not have a USB hub
The Printer and Bill Acceptor USB cables plug into the hub, which is run out of the side of the XP unit and connected to the Kiosk PC.
- Once the XP unit is received, connect the USB and Power cables to the back of the printer. The power brick in the XP box is for the printer. Plug the power brick into an open receptacle in the UPS in the base of the kiosk.
- Open the XP door. Feed the power cable end (4 pin connector) into the XP shell and pull the USB cable (already positioned inside the shell) and power cables for the printer up and through the opening in the back of the XP shell.
- Plug both into the back of the receipt printer.
Run the USB cable from the XP unit into the MM6 kiosk by routing it through the upper cable port.
Run the bill validator power cable from the XP unit into the MM6 kiosk by routing it through the lower cable port.
Connect the bill validator power cable to the loose barrel plug in the base of the MM6 kiosk, toward the front right side of the kiosk in the bottom area. Secure the connection with electrical tape and tuck the cable into the base toward the front and out of the way.
Plug the USB cable into the open port on the left-hand side of the PC.