Table of Contents
This purpose of this article is to provide instructions on how to:
- Enable the Monnit Software on the V5 platform. The Monnit Software is necessary for Monnit-compatible devices to communicate with the iMonnit website.
- Add sensors to the iMonnit website. This will include how to add sensors to an existing location and creating a brand new location.
V5 Platform – How to Enable the Monnit Software
- USB Keyboard
- USB Mouse (optional – if used, replace “tap” with “click” in the directions)
- Monnit-compatible Gateway USB Dongle
- Monnit-compatible Temperature Sensor(s)
- Location configured inside of iMonnit.
Enabling and Testing Instructions
- Plug in the USB keyboard (and optional mouse) into a free USB port on the kiosk PC.
- If it is not already attached, attach the USB gateway dongle to the PC.
- Press the Alt + F4 keys to exit the POS software.
- Double tap the Setup gear icon on the desktop.
- Tap OK to dismiss the Welcome popup window.
- On the Devices window, tap the Test Devices button.
- The Device Tests screen will display. By default, all devices will be selected for testing. Deselect all the devices except the Monnit Sensor by tapping on each check box. Depending on the local kiosk configuration, the Card Reader and Touchscreen options may not allow their associated boxes to be unchecked.
- Tap the Next buttons until the Monnit Sensor screen displays, as shown below.
- Tap Test iMonnit Sensors from the Monnit Sensor screen. The Monnit Link Gateway Configuration Tool will display.
- Click on Actions.
- Click on Show Message Viewer to display a Sensor Feedback window. This window will be used during sensor installation to show sensor check in and state configuration status.
- With the iMonnit Link window open, place the batteries into the Monnit sensors. (See How to Insert Batteries at the end of this article.)
- When the temperature sensor has been detected by the software, a popup window should display stating that the sensors have connected successfully to the network. If this does not display on this window within five minutes, and the sensors fail to show a green status icon on the iMonnit website, contact 365 Support at (888) 365-6282.
- After the sensors have been installed, exit the Configuration Tool.
- Select Next until the Kiosk is Ready for Production screen displays.
- Click Start Kiosk to start the POS software.
Adding Temp Sensors to iMonnit - Canteen
Below is an image of what the USB Gateway and Sensors look like.
Adding a Sensor to an Existing Location on iMonnit's Website
2. Scroll down the page and click on Locations.
3. A list of locations will display on the screen. Click on the three dots.
4. Click Edit Account.
5. On the next page you will see the sensors fields at the bottom, where you can add new sensors or adjust current sensors.
6. Choose either Cooler or Freezer from the drop-down menu.
7. Enter the Sensor ID and Code (found on the Sensor itself).
8. Click the blue Save button. This will automatically configure the notifications and temp sensor parameters.
Note: To adjust the existing sensors, enter the new ID and Code. Be sure to choose the correct Freezer or Cooler option for each sensor. Then click Save.
This section shows the ideal locations for sensors.
- The sensors should be placed on the outside of the cooler or freezer and the cable will reside inside the cooler or freezer.
- You can use some tape to guide the cable into the freezer or cooler.
Creating a New Location
If the location where you want to add a sensor does not exist in iMonnit, you will need to create a new location. The following steps will demonstrate that process.
1. Log into the Monnit website.
2. Click on Admin.
3. Click on Portal followed by Create Sub-Account.
The Custom Account Setup page will display.
4. Choose your Division.
5. Choose your District.
6. Enter a Market Name (the name of the location). Be sure to add in any unique identifiers, if they exist.
Example: If you have multiple Costco locations, be sure to enter a unique number after the word Costco so it will be easy to identify this exact location if an alert is sent out.
7. Enter the Gateway ID and Code. (This is on a sticker on the right side of the kiosk or on the USB device that is plugged into the CPU inside the kiosk.)
8. Enter the Sensor information. Be sure to choose cooler or freezer depending on where you are placing that sensor.
9. Enter the Sensor ID and Code for each sensor you are adding. (They are on the sensor itself.)
10. Click the blue Save button. This will automatically configure the notifications regarding who is to be notified and the sensor names.
Confirming the Sensor is Checking into Monnit
After sensors have been installed and setup on the website, you need to confirm that they are checking in on the website.
1. Click on Locations, if you are not there already.
2. Choose the location where you just added the sensors. The Sensors section will display where you can see the sensors and if they are communicating.
- You will see a green circle if the sensor is communicating and when it checked into the website if it is connected.
- If you do not see sensors, click on Sensors on the left side.
- The sensors can take between one to two minutes to check into Monnit after being installed.
- You can also click on the Refresh icon on the upper, right to see if the sensors updated.
- If the sensors are not checking in after two minutes, double check that the batteries are inserted correctly. If they are still not checking in correctly, contact 365 Support at 1-833-955-1422, option 2.
Below is an image of sensors that are checking in successfully.
How to Insert Batteries
The following images show you how to properly place the batteries.
The image below shows how to open the sensor.
When inserting the battery, be sure the + sign is facing upwards as shown below.