This article outlines how to use create and use your Stockwell 2.0’s Schema (Planogram) via the Stockwell Web App. SW Web APP access can be requested via a Stockwell Operations User Request, or during your Location Deployment Request.
For other steps in the setup process, please see the article Stockwell 2.0 Setup Guide.
Adding Products to your Stockwell 2.0 Schema
Adding products to the Stockwell 2.0 Schema can be done once the products have been added into ADM and extended to your location.
- Access the schema tool through ADM by scrolling to the bottom of the screen, select Products and click on Manage Planogram to be taken to your location's Stockwell 2.0 schema.
- Once you are in the Stockwell Schema page, select Staging. Clone Production Schema or select a template you want to copy from in the drop-down box
- Search for products in the item bar, and then drag and drop them into the schema
- Once your Schema is complete, click Save and then Migrate to Production
Store Schema Tool
Every Stockwell 2.0 store will have a blank Schema template associated with a location's device. The template will have the same name as the location.
Schemas can be changed at any time. For instance, if you have multiple Stockwells that will have matching schemas, you can create a new template to share with multiple stores. This will allow you to change products out on a single template that will update products on all Stockwells associated with that Template.
If you click on the location (see the image below) you will only change a product on that market, not the Template itself.
Creating a new Template
- Click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then click Store Schema Tool.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click + CREATE TEMPLATE.
- Enter the desired name for the template, and choose STOCKWELL 2.0 from the drop-down list
- Click CREATE EMPTY TEMPLATE.
- Back on the Store Schema Tool, click on the store you want to associate the template with
- Click on Staging and select the Template to be used and select create
Market Service Process
Servicing the Stockwell 2.0 starts with unlocking the store via the Pico device, and is completed using the Restockwell app on the handhelds.
For Legacy Stockwell units, use the Stockwell - Restockwell App Guide process.
- Tap 5 times in the top-left corner of the Pico screen to enter the driver menu
- Enter your PIN or ADM email and password. If you are unsure of PIN, it can be found/configured in ADM under Admin > User and Roles, then select user account.
- Select Start Service Mode.
Now that you are in service mode, open and close the door 3 times within the span of 5 seconds.
The Minus40 display at the base of the unit will flash "dELAY" in this mode along with other unit data.
Restocking mode is now activated and will remain in stocking mode for 30 minutes or until you press Finish on the Pico device. The health safety lock will be delayed by 2 hours after this process.
- Choose Finish when service is complete to lock both doors. The door will lock after 30 minutes or until Finish is pressed
- Use Stockwell Operations site credentials to sign in to the Restockwell app
- Select Delivery from the bottom of the screen
- Enter or Choose the Store Number
- Select the PHOTOS Tab
- Press the camera icon and take a picture of the store
- Upload to the Stockwell Operations site